Road trips are surprisingly excellent as you observe everything around you so closely on the scenic route you choose. You may roll the window down of the car and feel the gentle breeze, there is an option. A road trip is the only option where GPS is completely yours, go any route which allures you, put up a tent in the middle of nowhere or capture any moment at any point of time if the scenery entices you.
BANGALORE TO COORG ROAD TRIP IS NICEST ONE
This blog belongs to you if you are staying in Bangalore nowadays, most probably it might be your job place or having no fixed abode because you are here for a fortnight. You might be thinking to explore somewhere not less than heavenly, here is an option to start the engine and head towards Coorg which is also known as the ‘Scotland of India’, if I would not be exaggerating.
WHY COORG ?
Kodagu or Coorg is known for its beautiful lush green valleys and coffee. The great thing about Coorg is that experiences of the nature kind waiting to unfold where there is much to see and do. Karnataka is one state with many worlds and Coorg in Karnataka is a tiny hill station full of charming people, a must-visit place you don’t even think to skip.
The tourist attractions in Coorg cover some best places to visit in South India. Coorg has proved which having the best of untarnished nature of the region includes full of picnic spots, sacred shrines and picturesque palaces with mesmerizing views. Coorg has plenty to offer for every kind of traveller especially nature lovers which includes Abbey Falls, Golden Temple (Namdroling Monastery), Talacauvery, Iruppu Falls, Brahmagiri Trek, Nagarhole National Park, Tadiandamol Peak, Honnamana Kere Lake, Raja’s Seat, Omkareshwara Temple, Madikeri Fort etc.
YOUR TRIP MAPPED OUT HERE
BANGALORE TO COORG ROAD TRIP, ROUTE 1: VIA MYSURU
Distance: 257km Travel Time: 6 hours
BENGALURU -> Ramanagara -> Channapatna -> Madduru -> Mandya -> Srirangapatna -> MYSURU -> Hunsur -> Periyapatna -> Siddapura -> COORG
VIA MYSURU IS RECOMMENDED:
Mysuru or Mysore is known for its heritage architectures and rated one of the cleanest cities in India. Mysuru is at first glance a place famous for its peaceful atmosphere. Located at a distance of 150km from Bangalore, do turn the wheels towards this cultural capital of the state while heading to Coorg. Majority the road tripper follow this route for their Bangalore to Coorg Road trip.
TOP THINGS TO SEE IN MYSURU:
- Mysore Palace, with its illumination by a hundred thousand bulbs on national holidays including Sundays, the Indo-Sarcenic styled architecture looks out of this world.
- Chamundi Hills, one of the prominent and most sacred place of Goddess Chamundi (Chamundeshwari) atop the mesmerizing hills which is situated around 12km far from the center of the city.
- Mysore Zoo, the bestest picnic spot ever and the city’s one of the most popular attractions, this zoological garden has many reasons to make your day memorable with your family or friends. It is one of the oldest zoos in the world where you can witness Royal Bengal tigers, Branary sheep, gorillas and many more.
- Brindavan Gardens, constructed by Krishna Raja Wadiyar who was Maharaja of the Kingdom of Mysore. It has an enjoyable aquarium and the musical fountains light up in the evening, everything is so decorated which is enough to make your evening a good one.
- St. Philomena’s Church, one of the tallest churches and most beautiful cathedral in Mysore, it was built in 1936 using a Neo-Gothic architectural style.
BANGALORE TO COORG ROAD TRIP ROUTE 2: VIA CHANNARAYAPATTANA
Distance: 267km Travel Time: 5 hours 30 minutes
BENGALURU -> Nelamangala -> Kunigal -> Yadiyur -> Bellur Cross -> Hirisave -> Channarayapattana -> Holenarasipur -> Arakalagud -> Ramanathapura -> Hebbaale -> Kushalnagar -> COORG
WHY SHOULD YOU GO THIS ROUTE ?
If Mysuru ain’t added in your travel itinerary or you are running out of time, this four lane highway helps you arrive directly to the land of surprises that’s Coorg. The Lakshmi Narasimha temple in Nuggehalli village of Channarayapattana is a famous place of worship that’s a 13th-century Hoysala architecture comes on this route.
COORG IS ADVENTUROUS –
No doubt, Coorg may awaken your adventure spirit as the destination is not just known as an ‘adventure capital of Karnataka’ without reason while a gamut of opportunities this weekend gateway offers that’s enough to prove the place the splendid one in the list of top hill stations in India.
Whitewater Rafting through the Barapole River’s roaring currents is an adventure activity you must try to get an adrenaline rush.
Tadiyandamol Trek is surrounded by lush greenery which is a must-go scenic trek and a great activity especially for thrill seekers.
Camping in Coorg is an another best option to witness spinning stars because it is to be said that a bad day camping is still better than a good day working.
Welcome to Coorg, an otherworldly hill station that rewards authenticity in a unique shade. Coorg welcomes you with a smile as bright as the tropical sun. A single click on LIKE button encourages us while sharing the blog motives a thousand of people so do remember.
Further Read: ROAD TRIP FROM BANGALORE TO GOA